Saturday, August 1, 2009

John


"You are very brave"

hangs there

You say it again,
knowing the doubtable things
need saying twice,
and add my name.

they hang there

"Okay"
I whisper.
I shrug.

You lift
eyebrows
and nod.

When I pass through the door
the "brave" floats overhead,
it squishes into my car
and bumps against the roof.
It tags along into my home
and is connected detached,
like my sleeping dog,
but rather shapeless.

There, though.
A gift, to open when I believe.
It will be cherished.
Thank you.

7 comments:

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

That is wonderful! I have lots of "hangs there" that I need to keep close by and open whenever....

L.L. Barkat said...

Funny.... this was posted on my anniversary... my husband's name is John. :)

kendalee said...

What a special gift! And I love how you turn this into poetry, also a gift. One that you've given. A brave poet. That's what I see.

Unknown said...

"bumps along the roof" ,

love that

and the picture is breathtaking

Anonymous said...

kind of nice to have a brave along.

sojourner said...

brave is a beautiful like that

Unknown said...

your words are taking on forms that you have not yet explored before.