Thursday, December 24, 2009

wishes

Hello Dahhhhlings,

I had planned to post proper Happy Holiday wishes last night, but got all wrapped up in wrapping paper. I write this from work without any access to my photos, so I've decided to post the last stanza from one of my favorite Christmas poems, "Child's Christmas in Wales" by Dylan Thomas:

Looking through my
bedroom window, out into the moonlight and the unending smoke-colored snow, I could see the lights in the windows of all the other houses on
our hill and hear the music rising from them up the long, steady falling night. I turned the gas down, I got into bed. I said some words to the close
and holy darkness, and then I slept.

Something about the "close and holy darkness"..... I know this intimately, don't you? I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and that you are able to find peace and contentedness at the center of many moments, at the center of yourself.

Sending you wishes of
peace
serenity
pure
and
silent
as snow

Love,
S

3 comments:

kendalee said...

Oh Sheila, this is one of those poems I'd forgotten all about - last read it when I was at University I think... so a lifetime ago! Thank you for reminding me of it. "close and holy darkness"-something I occasionally feel when I am awake in the early hours... beautiful.

I hope you too are enjoying a gentle, peaceful few days, full of deep love and warm light. xo, K

What About The Girl? said...

Hello darling Sheila,
It is snowing today (I'm sure you've noticed that as well..ha!)
Happy new year!
I am off to a place where there is no snow. I thought I'd drop by to give you hugs before the year ends!
I am so thankful to have found a friend in you.


Much love!
the girl ;-)

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

And a happy, happy, happy New Year to you and yours!