Monday, February 1, 2010

Hello New York


It was a cold and windy weekend to transport this respectably sized baby bump around the streets of New York City, but it was well worth it. Every year my mom takes me to the city to experience what's good in theater, food, and people watching.



We saw South Pacific in the most intimate theater at Lincoln Center. I used to dance around the house and sing "I'm gonna wash that man right outta my hair" and "Dites-moi pourquoi...la vie est belle?" when I was ten, so I have fond associations with this musical. As we took our seats Saturday night I was hoping that the production would be an updated, culturally sensitive version, and in my opinion, it was. I tried Ethiopian food for the first time, which was fun. The next day we had brunch at a little French place in Brooklyn, where we met my best friend Rachel from college. All wonderful experiences. What's better, though, than seeing what people are wearing in the Big Apple?

My mom is as sweet as the red velvet cupcake and ginger cookies we picked up at the little bakery before leaving Brooklyn.

Life is a highway! This is how I felt:

heading home, but on to the next adventure.

6 comments:

Kerri said...

Wow, sounds like you had an amazing time! I always love seeing what people are wearing in big cities too. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, it was so sweet of you to leave such a lovely comment. You made my day! And of course I don't mind being followed :)

Cindy said...

glad you had fun with your mom and it sounds like you were everywhere. it is cold here, lately. i think they call it winter, but i did see some daffodils peaking up through the soil, yesterday ;)!

What About The Girl? said...

Oh these vagabond shoes/
They are longing to stray/
Right through the very heart of it!

I think it's very sweet that you and your mom have fun together in the city every year!
I haven't tried Ethiopian cuisine!
Wow you do like spice! I always thought their serving style is interesting.:-)

And oh, I love red velvet cupcake!

Ann Marie said...

sigh. what a lovely trip to the city you had. hoping to visit myself some time soon. thank you for taking us along!

kendalee said...

That dog is just priceless! I love spending time with my mum and it looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time with yours :) And who can resist New York?!

Unknown said...

this makes me miss my mom so very much.

waiting in anticipation for that adeventure of yours.