Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Last night I was reading in bed and my husband called up to me, inviting me to join him in watching one of his favorite shows. I declined, too cozy and sleepy to move, but drifted off following a string of thought.
How lucky I am that there is always tomorrow to snuggle with him on the couch! It was not too long ago that this "tomorrow" was in peril, that it could have been there, or not, depending on the face of the dice I had flung over my shoulders.

Though really no tomorrows are ever guaranteed, I've done my part now to make sure our tomorrows are shared. I am so in love with my husband. I need him, urgently,and what joy! he is still here. I am a lucky woman.

7 comments:

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Wonderful.....

I am following...

Kary

Unknown said...

do you know how something leaps inside of me when i read this?

it gives me hope.
it makes me realise what tenderness can do.
it makes my heart and mind go "yes"

much love,
c

onesilentwinter said...

so wonderful, i know this feeling well and i embrace it and thank my lucky starts.

i am so glad you are at that place!

Cindy said...

i'm also glad you've found that place. there's none better than with a true love.

kendalee said...

Having it is one blessing. Being aware of what a blessing it is, another. Doubly joyful! This made me smile deep inside Sheila!

What About The Girl? said...

At this moment, I am listening to Sade. She says it's only love that gets you through...

And I strongly agree.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Being madly in love with the hubs...What more could you ask for? I feel blessed every day!